Olive oil is an incredibly versatile and healthy oil that has a multitude of uses in the kitchen. It is perfect for salad dressings, sautéing vegetables, or even as a dipping oil. Olive oil is also packed with healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants. However, what many people don’t know is that olive oil also has a whole host of other amazing benefits, one of which is its effectiveness as a treatment for hair loss.
The best olive oil to use for hair treatment or other cosmetic uses is high-quality extra virgin olive oil. This type of olive oil contains the most nutrients and healthy fats.
Olive oil is a natural product that can be used to treat the hair and scalp. It can help to prevent hair loss and is also beneficial for the health of the hair. Olive oil can be used to massage the scalp, which can stimulate blood flow and promote hair growth. It can also be used to condition the hair, making it softer and more manageable.
The Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair Loss
There are countless benefits to using olive oil on your hair. Olive oil is packed with nutrients that are essential for healthy hair growth, such as vitamin E and antioxidants. Additionally, olive oil can help to protect your hair from damage caused by heat styling and environmental factors.
If you’re looking for a natural way to improve the health and appearance of your hair, olive oil is a great option.
- DHT Suppressor – Olive oil contains oleic acid, which inhibits 5-alpha reductase. 5-alpha reductase is an enzyme that aids the conversion of testosterone into DHT, a hormone that can lead to hair loss. DHT is a leading cause of alopecia, especially in men. Therefore, by reducing the amount of DHT in the body, olive oil can help improve new hair growth and reduce hair fall.
- Vitamin E – is a powerful anti-oxidant that can relieve oxidative stress in your hair. Oxidative stress has been linked to hair loss in these studies. In addition, Vitamin E improves blood circulation which is vital for healthy hair growth. Improved blood circulation leads to increased healthy hair growth because it helps to improve nutrition flow to the hair roots and follicles.
- Antibacterial – Olive oil has both antibacterial and antifungal properties, which helps to explain why it can be effective in reducing dandruff, clogged follicles, and other scalp conditions. This removes the obstacles to healthy hair growth and allows hair to grow faster and healthier
- Omega-6 fatty acids – Olive oil is rich in omega-6 fatty acids, which can help to strengthen hair strands and prevent breakages. This makes it an excellent choice for anyone who wants to maintain healthy, strong hair.
As is evident from the above, extra virgin olive oil can offer a lot of benefits for your hair.
How To Apply Olive Oil To Your Hair
If you want to use olive oil as a treatment for hair loss or to improve the condition of your hair, the best method is outlined below.
- Massage into your scalp. Take a quarter teaspoon of olive oil and massage it into your scalp using your fingers. The benefits of using olive oil for hair growth are found in your scalp and not the hair itself. Your hair roots will absorb the nutrients from the oil and transport them down the shaft of your hair resulting in improved hair condition. Using the oil on your hair strands just makes them oily and does not provide the full benefits of the oil treatment.
- Allow to absorb – for best results, you should leave the olive oil on your scalp for at least a half-hour or longer if possible. This will allow the oil to penetrate your scalp and hair follicles, providing nourishment and moisture.
- Wash your hair – Gently washing your hair with a mild shampoo will remove any excess oil, leaving your hair soft and shiny. If you wash your hair too much, you can damage it.
A roundup of using olive oil for hair loss.
While olive oil by itself is a fantastic hair treatment and has many benefits, there are a couple of other oils that provide added benefits as well.
P133 hair growth stimulant contains a blend of beneficial oils, including extra virgin organic olive oil, that work synergistically together to boost hair growth and make your hair healthier and grow faster.